To apply for this job, click here.
- A high visibility role performing business critical work
- Great career opportunity with a global company
- An opportunity to further your career in the field of communications and external relations – Salt Lake City
Rio Tinto is a leading global mining and metals company. Our focus is on finding, mining and processing the Earth’s mineral resources in order to maximise value for our shareholders. Everything we do is done with the future firmly in mind, so our employees are rewarded with opportunity, an open and diverse culture and a responsible working environment in which they can go further.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Specialist – Communications to strategically lead and support employee communications and broader communications requirements of the Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds product group in a manner that enables the business strategy now and into the future.
The Communications team is designed to protect and enhance the corporate brand and reputation through proactive communication and engagement with key stakeholders, employees, partners and communities. The team also undertake the strategy and implementation of the organization’s media, digital and marketing communications initiatives.
What the role entails:
This role is a great opportunity to play a key role in assisting to manage Kennecott’s visions, goals, and strategic priorities. Working and reporting to the Principal Advisor – Communications, you will be:
- Executing communication programs in support of Copper & Diamonds group strategies, goals and initiatives and, where necessary, in partnership with group operations and projects
- Translating product group vision and messages into communication platforms, tools, materials ad-hoc efforts that support that drives employee and other stakeholder engagement
- Managing production of monthly employee newsletter including drafting stories, gaining approvals, sourcing photos, distributing newsletter
- Assisting the management of Kennecott’s social media and traditional media channels, through sourcing stories, developing content, gaining approvals, posting and organising external stakeholder events as necessary.
- Developing messages and materials to support Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds employee and external communications.
What you will need for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Applied experience in digital/online communications
- Clear and applied understanding of public company communications and reputation management
- Proficiency in developing messaging to manage complex and sensitive issues
- 5 plus years of experience in communications, public relations or a closely related field
Join our global leading business where we empower you to grow, make a difference and implement positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.