To apply for this job, click here.
Location: Salt Lake City, US
Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Act as a consultant to management in determining the best course of action and communication vehicles/channels to deliver key messages internally.
- Develop and implement communication strategies and programs aimed at PacifiCorp employees.
- Develop internal communications messages that inform and educate employees on operational, regulatory and public policy issues important to corporate accomplishing its objectives.
- Independently create and produce communications materials such as newsletters, memos, letters, presentations, talking points, online communications, posters, fliers, etc.
- Create content, video, audio and graphics for social media.Provide concise explanations to the public and media regarding complex issues facing the company and complex processes within the company and the electrical industry.
- Support business reporting by writing, reviewing, editing, and compiling business plans, reports and operating plans.
- Facilitate informational meetings and executive visits, including preparing materials, talking points and data pertinent for individualized communities, customers or locations, etc.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments within the company.
- Provide communications advice and counsel to internal client organizations.
- Act as media spokesperson on various issues.
- Develop production schedules, project budgets and tracking documents, and evaluate work products.
Responsibilities of the Senior Level Include:
- Review and evaluate effectiveness of communications efforts and incorporate findings to improve subsequent activities.
- Mentor and coach employees.
- Develop and implement various crisis and emergency response activities.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or a related communications field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in communications, public relations or marketing.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, company policies, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to develop and implement communication strategies and programs.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work in collaboration with all organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Ability to work as a team member, maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze and summarize data.
- Willingness to accept odd and extended work schedules when circumstances require.
In Addition, requirements for the Senior Role will be:
- A minimum of seven years of experience in external communications, media or public relations roles.
- Proven experience translating complex issues into understandable language.
- Advanced Degree.
- Project management and leadership skills.
Career Segment: Consulting, Electrical, Law, Project Manager, Public Policy, Technology, Engineering, Legal
Posted: Feb 20, 2017