Utah Department of Natural Resources (DNR) communications office is hiring a summer intern. The position is paid (30 hours per week) and runs from May through mid-August. The time frame is flexible and can be adjusted if necessary. The selected applicant will work closely with DNR’s communications director and public information officers from its seven divisions helping with the department’s online and traditional communications, media outreach and campaigns.
- Develop digital content for DNR’s website and social media platforms
- Update and improve functionality and link building of the department’s new website
- Develop strategic concepts and content and coordinate social media and traditional outreach efforts between the department and its divisions
- Design and format digital and printed materials to support ongoing initiatives
- Draft and edit press materials; coordinate media outreach and opportunities with the support of the agency
- Assist with traditional media relations and public involvement tasks as assigned
Opening date: April 4, 2017
Closing date: April 17, 2017
Salary: $11 per hour (about 30 hours per week)
Location: DNR headquarters, Salt Lake City
Time frame: About May 1 through mid-August
Positions available: 1
Interested applicants can send their resume and writing sample(s) to Nathan Schwebach at email@example.com.
More information can be found at: https://naturalresources.utah.gov/dnr-jobpost/communications-intern-salt-lake-city